Call for applications for ITC Conference Grants in the framework of the COST Action CA18229 (Grant Period 2: 1st May 2020 – 30th April 2021) is now open.
ITC Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and Early Career Investigators (ECI) from Participating Inclusiveness Target Country (ITC) to attend international science and technology related conferences, event or activity on the topic of the Action that are not specifically organised by the COST Action.
- Applicants: Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students and ECI’s with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC country participating in the YEAST4BIO Action.
- Requirements: The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation/poster presentation/speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST.
- Financial support: A Conference Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the ITC-Conference Manager and the ITC-Conference Committee. Virtual conference fees can be considered eligible provided all other eligibility conditions are fulfilled.
- Evaluation: The evaluation will be based on the scientific excellence of the applicant, the benefit from attending the conference for which the funding is requested with regards to personal development and contribution to YEAST4BIO scientific objectives. Special considerations with respect to supporting COST policies on promoting gender and geographical balance, enabling Early Career Investigators (ECI), etc. will be taken.
- Deadline: Ideally, the application should be submitted at least 45 days before the conference start date, but never less than 15 days before the conference start date. The conference participation must be completed by 30th April 2021.