Second call for applications for Short Term Scientific Missions (STMS) in the framework of the COST Action CA18229 (Grant Period 2: 1st May 2020 – 30th April 2021) is now open.
Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) are institutional visits aimed at supporting individual mobility, fostering collaboration between individuals. Financial support may be provided to eligible applicants to carry out STSM that will specifically contribute to the scientific objectives of this COST Action.
- Applicants: STSM applicants must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow or can be employed by, or affiliated to, an institution, organisation or legal entity which has within its remit a clear association with performing research.
- Duration: minimum duration of 5 calendar days that includes travel. STSM need to be carried out in their entirety within a single Grant Period and always within the Action’s lifetime. STSMs must be completed by 30th April 2021.
- Financial support: STSM grant is a fixed contribution based on the budget requested by the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the STSM application by the selection committee. This grant will not necessarily cover all expenses; it is intended only as a contribution to the travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee.
- Evaluation: Evaluation will be based on the scientific excellence of the applicant, the research proposal, and the relevance of the work plan for the achievement of Yeast4Bio objectives. There should be special considerations with respect to supporting COST policies on promoting gender balance, enabling Early Career Investigators (ECI) and broadening geographical inclusiveness.
- Deadline for applications: 15th October 2020 (Closed)