The first training school of the Yeast4Bio Action “Basic course on fermentation technology for production of high-value chemicals from sugar platform by non-conventional yeast” will be held in the Technical University of Denmark from 13th to 17th September 2021.
This is an entry-level course to touch upon the basics of designing and analysis of fermentation processes for production of high-value molecules, using non-conventional yeasts as cell factories.
Number of participants: 16 (14 grants)
There is no registration fee for the course & the students have the opportunity to apply for grants to partially cover their travel expenses, accommodation and meals. Yeast4Bio COST Action offers 14 grants as follows:
- Trainees can be reimbursed for their long-distance travel expenses in line with the eligibility rules specified in Section 5. Meetings – Financial Support of the COST Vademecum. In addition, the reimbursement of a daily allowance rate for Denmark of 188 € per day (maximum 6 days) covers the incurred accommodation, meals, and local travel expenses.
Application for participation and grants:
Applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach in one single document:
- A cover letter with a statement of interest of up to one page (Please indicate in your cover letter if you wish to be considered for oral presentation)
- Abstract about most relevant aspects of your research topic related with the course
- Short CV including contact data and a list of publications, if any
Up to eight abstracts will be accepted for oral presentation whereas others can be presented as posters during the course.
- 31th of July – Submission of all applications
- 14th August – Selection and announcement of participants
Full progarmme and details about the course and how to apply can be found here.