ITC Conference Grants
ITC Conference Manager
Institute of Physiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
ITC Conference Grants are aimed at supporting Early Career Investigators (ECI) and PhD Students from Participating ITC to attend international science and technology related conferences, event or activity on the topic of the Action that are not organised by the COST Action.
ITC Countries include: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, the North Republic of Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students, PhD candidates and ECI’s with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC participating in the Action.
- The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation/poster presentation/speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST.
- The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the ITC-Conference manager./li>
Applications must be sent to the ITC Conference Grant Manager. The selection of successful applicants will take into consideration the scientific scope of the proposed participation and how it will support the Action in achieving its scientific objectives.
You can find here the details of the Open Call
A Conference Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the ITC Conference Grant Manager. The calculation of the financial contribution for each Conference Grant must respect the following criteria:
Up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant;
Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses.
Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee. Virtual conference fees can be considered eligible provided all other eligibility conditions are fulfilled.
In addition, when meal and accommodation expenses are supported by the hosting institution as part of the provisions offered in their conference package, the amount for subsistence afforded to each eligible participant must be deducted from the Grant. Documentary evidence of the conference fee amount must be provided by the applicant.
Payment of the Grant is subject to the submission by the Grantee of a certificate of attendance or a report within 30 calendar days from the end date of the Conference in question.
ITC-Grants Conference Committee
- Hana Sychrova (ITC conference Manager, Czech Republic)
- Igor Stuparevič (Croatia)
- Tiina Alamäe (Estonia)
- Martin Rebroš (Slovakia)
- Volkmar Passoth (Sweden)